For the latest eclipse release 3.7 called indigo is a plugin available to watch and control your build server based on hudson or jenkins. It is part of mylyn 3.5 as a view called “Builds”. See here for more information about the new features of mylyn 3.5. Their is as well a commercial plugin suite called tasktop available.
- Go to help -> install new software
- Click on “Available software sites”
- Click on add with name “mylyn” and url “http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/latest”
- Click ok to go back to site list
- Click ok to go back to available software
- Choose under “Work with” mylyn
- Choose under “Mylyn integrations” the point “Mylyn Builds Connector: Hudson/Jenkins (Incubation)”
- Choose under “Mylyn SDKs and Frameworks” the point “Mylyn Builds (Incubation)”
- Click on next
- Go through install process and restart eclipse
- Choose from menu “Window” -> “show view”
- Choose “Mylyn” -> “Builds”
With the blue server icon on the left side of the title bar you can add a new build server. Choose “Hudson” inside the wizard and click next. Enter the url of your jenkins server and enter a label. Click on refresh at the right side under build plans. Choose your favorite builds and click on finish. After that you should have a view similar to the one above. You can start a new build and get updates as notification during the build process.